Cluster Enabling Your DNS Service
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 8 Jul 2002
I've set up a NetWare 6 cluster (2 nodes) in a VMWare environment and wanted to cluster-enable my DNS service. I'd like to share my steps to achieve this:
- I installed the Java DNS/DHCP console.
- Node1 configured as the Primary DNS and Node2 as the Secondary DNS server.
- Created the Zone, Resource records and put both DNS addresses in DHCP.
- Under the Cluster-container object, I created a resource "DNS-resource" based on the DHCP cluster-resource template.Edited the load/unload scripts and changed the "DHCPSRVR" into "NAMED"
- Activated the DNS cluster-resource and was able to fully migrate/failover and failback my DNS resource.
If you have questions about this tip, you can contact Ronald directly at Rzierikzee@ntnt.nl.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com