Configuring Your Cluster to Send eMail Event Notifications
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 5 Aug 2002
Here's how to get SNMP alerts whenever an "event" takes place on your Cluster Services installation. For example, you might want to get notified of any of the following:
- clustered resources fail-over
- clustered resources go comatose
- SBD problems
In case of a NetWare 6 cluster, use Novell Remote Manager (NRM) to:
- Select the Server Health Monitoring | Mail control Panel.
- Set your mail server name or IP.
- Select the cluster object in NRM and set notification e-mail address.
- Select verbose (or 4 in NRM).
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com