ATT Tip: Verifying ZEN 3 Files on Server
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 21 Jun 2001
Version: ZENworks for Desktops 3
We asked the folks who deliver the ZENworks for Desktops 3 Advanced Technical Training if they could share a few exclusive tips with us from the training they present, and they graciously agreed. Here's one that should become a part of your normal troubleshooting routine.
Troubleshooting the ZEN 3 files on your server? Verify that the files on your ZEN server are the files that should be there. Here's how:
- From a DOS prompt on your workstation (with Public in your path) type ZENVER /s.
- If in the summary that follows there are some problem files reported, then type ZENVER /v or a ZENVER /ve to figure out which files you need to fix.
- Replace those problem files from the ZEN3 CD or the zfd3sp1 source files.
Update: We have heard from some who are using partner test files, who discovered that this tip doesn't work for them. Here's why. The zenver.txt is updated in major support pack revisions, but not necessarily the partner test files that can be gotten. So, for instance, ZfD3sp1 had an updated version, and so should sp2, and this tip will work on those files. But for those of you who are currently applying zfd3pt3a, bear in mind that you are working with a partner test file and it will probably not have the updated corresponding zenver.txt.
Other Tips from ATT
- Turning off NAL's Auto-Uninstall
- Using Workstations While Inventory Scanner Runs
- Enabling Workstation Manager Tracing
- Troubleshooting Imaging Errors
This is just the tip of the iceberg. These guys know their stuff, and provide intensive, thorough, and first-rate instruction. If you want to get on the inside track, sign up for ZENworks for Desktops v3 Advanced Technical Training. Select a city near you.... www.novell.com/registernow