ATT Tip: Turning off NAL's Auto-Uninstall
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 27 Jun 2001
Current Version: ZENworks for Desktops 3
We asked the folks who deliver the ZENworks for Desktops 3 Advanced Technical Training (ATT) if they could share a few exclusive tips with us from the training they present, and they graciously agreed. Here's a nifty one to tuck away in your bag of NAL tricks.
Want to use NAL's Uninstall feature, but you've been burnt by it auto-uninstalling? Disable the ability for NAL to auto-uninstall by disassociation:
- Go to the properties of your User's container.
- On the Launcher Configuration tab choose Edit.
- For the Unassociated Days to Uninstall, set it to -1.
Other Tips from ATT
- Verifying ZEN 3 Files on Server
- Using Workstations While Inventory Scanner Runs
- Enabling Workstation Manager Tracing
- Troubleshooting Imaging Errors
If you want to get on the inside track, sign up for ZENworks for Desktops v3 Advanced Technical Training. Select a city near you.... www.novell.com/registernow
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com