ATT Tip: Using Workstations While Inventory Scanner Runs
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 12 Jul 2001
Current Version: ZENworks for Desktops 3
We asked the folks who deliver the ZENworks for Desktops 3 Advanced Technical Training (ATT) if they could share a few exclusive tips with us from the training they present, and they graciously agreed. Here's a way to keep your workstations operational while you Inventory them.
When the Inventory scanner runs on your workstations does it render the box unusable? Make the policy run as a low priority to use less threads:
- Go to the Workstation Package where the Inventory Policy is set. Go to the properties of the Inventory policy.
- Go to the Schedule tab and choose Advanced Settings.
- Under the Priority tab, set it to Below Normal.
Other Tips from ATT
- Verifying ZEN 3 Files on Server
- Turning off NAL's Auto-Uninstall
- Enabling Workstation Manager Tracing
- Troubleshooting Imaging Errors
If you want to get on the inside track, sign up for ZENworks for Desktops v3 Advanced Technical Training. Select a city near you.... www.novell.com/registernow
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com