ATT Tip: Enabling Workstation Manager Tracing
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 24 Jul 2001
Current Version: ZENworks for Desktops 3
We asked the folks who deliver the ZENworks for Desktops 3 Advanced Technical Training (ATT) if they could share a few exclusive tips with us from the training they present, and they graciously agreed. Here's a nice one to help you troubleshoot Workstation Manager.
Need extra debugging for Workstation Manager on a 9x machine? Enable the Workstation Manager tracing:
- Run regedit and create this string value: Under HKLM\Software\Novell\Workstation Manager create string value DoTrace and turn it on by setting the value to 1.
- Right click on the Desktop Management icon in your systray and choose Trace Window. Then run wsreg32 or whatever you need to troubleshoot with Workstation Manager and view the trace window.
Other Tips from ATT
- Verifying ZEN 3 Files on Server
- Turning off NAL's Auto-Uninstall
- Using Workstations While Inventory Scanner Runs
- Troubleshooting Imaging Errors
If you want to get on the inside track, sign up for ZENworks for Desktops v3 Advanced Technical Training. Select a city near you.... www.novell.com/registernow
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com