Accessing Image Safe Data
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 29 Aug 2001
Current Version:ZENworks for Desktops 3.2
We asked the folks who deliver the ZENworks for Desktops 3 Advanced Technical Training (ATT) if they could share a few exclusive tips with us from the training they present, and they graciously agreed. Here's a nice one to help you with Imaging.
Need to know what's in Image Safe Data without being in the Linux partition? Here's how:
- Create a string value "ZISwin Log" (no quotes) with the data set to 1 inside the HKLM\Software\Novell\ZENworks key.
- Reboot the box. When ZISWIN.EXE runs again, it will create in the WINNT\Temp directory a log file called ZISWIN.LOG. This shows you what is being written to the beginning of your hard drive.
Other Tips from ATT
- Verifying ZEN 3 Files on Server
- Turning off NAL's Auto-Uninstall
- Using Workstations While Inventory Scanner Runs
- Enabling Workstation Manager Tracing
- Troubleshooting Imaging Errors
- Remote Control without Workstation Object Name
If you want to get on the inside track, sign up for ZENworks for Desktops v3 Advanced Technical Training. Select a city near you.... www.novell.com/registernow
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com