Migrating Print Queues during Server Migration
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Charles Leclerc
Digg This -
Posted: 21 Jan 2003
This is just a quick tip on how to migrate standard print queues when doing a manual server migration (does not apply for NDPS).
- Locate which volumes contain queues.
- Make sure you're logged in to the specific server(s).
- Unload ds.
- Dismount the volume(s) that has queues in it.
- Mount the volume(s).
- Copy the queue directories to the new server on the same volumes/directories.
- Load ds.
- Reapply the rights to the directories (tbackup is what I use).
This procedure works best when migrating 4.xx to 4.xx or 5.xx to 5.xx. (Which migration wizard does not do at this point.)
Hope this can help someone.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com