ZENworks for Servers 2 Management and Monitoring Utility
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 7 Dec 2001
Current Version: ZENworks for Servers 2
This utility will do the following:
- Synchronize database password with the one stored in NDS.
- Extend the schema if it is not extended properly by install. (You should be logged in to NDS with sufficient rights.)
- Populate the default profiles, if not populated by install.
- Correct the problem of loading of service manager before Naming service is loaded properly.
- Fix some issues in loading of X-GUI on the server.
To download this file, see TID 2960724
- Kill all the java services on the server(java -killall). Make sure when you type java -show on the Server Prompt you see a blank line.
- Make sure that the database is up and running. (Type mgmtdbs on the server prompt.)
- Copy naming.ncf to sys\System directory on the Server.
- Copy the following files to the ConsoleOne location where you run it from:
- Upgrade.jar to ConsoleOne\1.2\Snapins\mw directory
- Copy rbsinstall.jar to ConsoleOne\1.2\lib\mw directory.
- Copy the following files on the NetWare server:
- MwUtility.jar (ZFS\MWServer\mwlib)
- lego.jar (ZFS\lib\mw)
- Start ConsoleOne on the Client machine.
- Select the Root Container or Context in the NDS NameSpace From ConsoleOne.
- Go to Tools -> Consolidated Upgrade Utility MenuItem.
- Start all the services on the server.
- Verify if everything is working fine.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com