Preventing Nasty Broadcast Messages
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Daren Petersen
Digg This -
Posted: 3 Feb 2003
We've found that some students are right-clicking on the red N in the sys tray then choosing NetWare Utilities --> Send message. They then type a message (most of the time it's not nice) and send it, and the message gets broadcast to all the computers on our network.
We turn it off like this:
- Right-click on the N.
- Click on Novell Client Properties.
- Click on Advanced Menu Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Show Novell system Tray Icon.
- Change the setting from on to off.
- Click ok, close all windows and reboot.
That will take the red N out of the sys tray.
If you have any questions you may contact Daren at email@example.com
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com