Remote Control by User Object
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 26 Jun 2002
This is a good example of the kinds of nifty stuff you sometimes find in the Support Forums. This solution even works for Help Desk Admins who only have the limited RC functionality.
- Go to Find. (The Magnifying Glass icon.)
- Check "Search subcontainers".
- Pick "Find Type: Advanced."
- In the drop-down box labeled "[Object Types], pick WM:User History"
- Leave operator set to = (equal).
- In the drop-down box labeled "[All types(*)] type in the DN of the User, WITHOUT a leading period. Example: "xx.yyy.NY.BigBank" (No quotes, of course.)
- Click "Find".
This will bring up the last few workstations this User ID has logged into, including
last, or current, one. You can Remote Control directly from the results
box - no need to write it down. If you need to verify which one, and the
workstations are inventoried, you can get it from
ZENworks Inventory > More Workstation Info > General > Login Details.
Drawback: If you use "generic" User IDs that many people login to - like "Teller" - you are going to have a whole slew of workstations to pick from.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com