Changing Display Resolution for Users
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Stephan Looney
Digg This -
Posted: 21 Nov 2002
I needed to change the display resolution for some users when they logged in on Windows XP workstations. When I used a workstation policy to change the settings it changed for all users. Here's the workaround.
- Use snAppShot to create an image with the settings of 800x600.
- Restart the computer and log in.
- Change the resolution to the desired setting and perform the second part of the snAppShot.
- Create another snAppShot with the resolution at the desired setting.
- Restart the computer and login, change the resolution to 800x600 and create the second part of the snAppShot.
- Create a user policy for NT based systems and associate it with the users that need this new resolution.
- Set it to run at login, and force the setting.
- Do the same for the users that need the 800x600 setting.
Now you can have the resolution change for any users that may be visually impaired or just prefer their resolution to be different.
If you have any questions you may contact Stephan at email@example.com
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com