Accessing your iFolder files with NetStorage Interfaces
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Greg Leong
Digg This -
Posted: 22 Apr 2003
Would you like to access your iFolder files through the NetStorage interfaces? Here's how.
This solution allows you to see the files stored in your iFolder Server through Netstorage. These are the files that you can customarily only see through the iFolder Windows client or iFolder Java applet on your workstation.
- During installation of NetWare 6, you need to choose NetStorage as one of your product components to install. You can also do a post installation through the GUI interface to install Netstorage.
Note: You can have iFolder and NetStorage on the same NetWare 6 box.
- When the NetStorage installation dialog appears, enter your iFolder Server address and port # in the iFolder Server field. (i.e. ifolderserver.provo.com port 80)
- Continue with the rest of the installation.
- After the NetWare 6 box has rebooted, you can now access iFolder through NetStorage.
- Launch a browser and enter your servername.
- Select Open NetStorage link off of the welcome page.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click on the iFolder and enter a passphrase. If you already have a passphrase set that you use to log into iFolder with the iFolder Windows client or java applet, you will need to enter the same passphrase to see your files.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com