Change how Home Directories are Displayed in NetStorage
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Greg Leong
Digg This -
Posted: 30 Apr 2003
Have you ever wanted to change how home directories are displayed through the Netstorage interfaces? The default is Home@Treename. You might want to change this if you want to reference home directories with a different word or in a language other than English.
Here's how to do it.
Make sure you have latest Support Pak for NetWare 6. It allows you to easily configure NetStorage through the NSADMIN utility, without having to manually edit the NetWare registry.
To access the NetStorage Management Utility from your browser:
- Type: https://<ipaddress>/oneNet/nsadmin (Replace <ipaddress> with your NetStorage server's IP address or DNS Name. Also note the captial "N" in oneNet.)
- Authenticate with your admin username and password.
- Select NetWare Storage Provider link, under the Manage Storage heading.
- Modify the name in the Home name field before the @ symbol. (i.e. Netstorage@)
- Select the Submit button.
- Reboot the server for changes to take effect.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com