Speeding up the Uploading of Large Files to NetStorage
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Greg Leong
Digg This -
Posted: 29 May 2003
If you have found that uploading large files is too slow through the NetStorage HTML interface on a NetWare 6 server, here's a cool trick to speed things up.
SOLUTION: Turn off TCP Delayed Acknowledgements. Here's how you do it:
- Launch NetWare Remote Manager. (http://dnsoripaddress:8008)
- Login as Admin User or equivalence.
- Select the Configure button.
- Change View Hidden Set Parameters to Yes.
- Select Set Parameters in the left pane window.
- Select Communications link.
- Turn off TCP Delayed Acknowledgment, the default is ON. (You will have to scroll down a bit.)
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com