Install Service Pack First
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Matthew Ratcliffe
Digg This -
Posted: 12 Jun 2003
When I install a service pack after configuring a server I have freshly built, I find it won't start again.
SOLUTION: After installing the NetWare O/S, the first thing you should install is the service pack. After this:
- It doesn't matter too much if it doesn't work because you won't lose anything.
- You can see where files are put.
Installing a service pack is relatively easy. Here's all you do:
- Log into the server after building it.
- Copy/extract the support pack files into a directory on the server (this can take some time). If this is a big network put it on the local machine first, then copy it over. This will keep the network up to speed and it will be faster for you. Then copy it to the server.
- Open nwconfig (NetWare 5) or load install (NetWare 4).
- Select: Install A Product
- Select: Install A Product Not Listed
- Type in the directory where the service pack is.
- Log off the server.
- Press Enter and let it install.
- Finish setting up your server (eg. With NetWare administrator, users, GroupWise, etc.)
If you have any questions you may contact Matthew at email@example.com
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com