Changing IP address after using Migration Wizard
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Alan Coutts
Digg This -
Posted: 10 Jul 2003
Here's another thought about changing the IP address after using Migration Wizard to upgrade to new hardware.
- Build the destination server with the same IP address as that of the source server (production server). (This will obviously have to be done off of the production network.)
- Once NetWare is installed and the server has been rebooted, change the IP address to a temporary address in inetcfg only.
- You can now put the server back on the network.
- None of the webservices will now work, but ignore that for the time being.
- Install all your other products, do the migration and when finished, the server comes up with the correct IP address in all the places it should do.
This has worked for me. Hope it works for you too!
If you have any questions you may contact Alan at email@example.com
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com