How to mount .ISO images as NetWare volume
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Alex Warmerdam
Digg This -
Posted: 10 Jul 2003
Hans van den Heuvel found this very useful post of Alex's in a forum he monitors regularly, and sent it along to us. Enjoy!
If you have an .ISO image you would like to mount as a volume on your NetWare 6 server here's how you do it.
- Copy your .ISO image to a directory on your volume.
- Load cdinst.nlm
- Type "cd image <volumes:Path to iso file\iso filename>"
- As the last step, type "cd mount <volume name>"
(When you don't know the volume name of your image you can type "cd device list" and check the volume name on the logger screen)
- For this to work make sure you do NOT have cd9660.nss and cdhfs.nss loaded.
- This trick does not work on NetWare 6.5 as the next release of NetWare no longer uses cdinst.nlm
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com