Using DSBrowse to Find Obituaries Quickly
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Ron Rafajko
Digg This -
Posted: 29 Apr 2003
Does it take a long time for you to check your NetWare server for obituaries by running an External Reference check in DSRepair? Here's a tip that'll speed things up by using DSBrowse to quickly check for obituaries.
- Load DSBROWSE.NLM with the -a switch.
- Select "Object Search."
- In the Object Information "Name" field put an asterisk "*" then press enter once.
- Press the down arrow four times to put the cursor in the Attribute Information "Name" field.
- In that field type "obituary" then press enter.
- Press F10 and then press escape. (If you are accessing DSBrowse via RConJ you will need to press escape one more time to start the search.)
The search results will be displayed showing the objects that have the obituary attribute. If you want to learn more about the state of the obituary you can drill down into the properties object and the obituary attribute.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com