Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 7 Apr 2004
iManager is a powerful Web-based management console tool. If you are using version 1.2 or 1.5 of iManager, there are some troubleshooting tips that could save you a lot of time and effort. They are contained in these three TIDs:
- 10076889 - a good place to get started with troubleshooting issues
- 10078877 - deals with various errors, such as "Page Not Found" and iManager roles or tasks not displaying
- 10077029 - deals with the iManager Internal Server Error
|TID 10076889 - Getting Started|
- The browser version should be IE 5.5 (or Netscape 6.2 in simple mode) or higher.
- Check for port conflicts on the Web server (NDSiMonitor or HTTP stack).
- On the Web app server, make sure the Tomcat port is bound; for Win32, make sure the Jakarta/Apache/IIS service is running.
- Check that Java is running or NICI is working.
- HTTP Stack: On NetWare, HTTPSTK.NLM must be loaded and SADMIN password must be set.
|TID 10078877 - Setup and Error Fixes|
- Verify that SSL is configured and running correctly. You can use TCPCON to find the required ports 443, 636, and 2200.
- If you are having problems logging in or authenticating use the IP address of the server you have iManager installed on in place of the tree name.
- Make sure you have connectivity to this server from the client by pinging the IP address.
- Configure the roles and tasks properly (see the TID for detailed instructions).
|TID 10077029 - Internal Server Error|
- This happens when a fresh install of NetWare 6 is patched to SP2.
- The normal Tomcat listening messages never appear. In tomcat\33\conf there is a zero-byte nwapps-NSearch.xml file that Tomcat tries to parse.
- Remove that file and restart Tomcat. You should get the familiar Tomcat startup messages, and iManager should work.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com