How to install BorderManager 3.6 on NetWare 6
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 6 Dec 2001
Version: BorderManager 3.6
By popular demand, here is a short and sweet description of how to install BorderManager 3.6 on the new NetWare 6. Enjoy!
- Verify that the LAN cards you plan on running are tested and approved on NW6.
- Install NetWare 6.
- Re-boot the server and verify that the new Server OS install re-loads properly. Load INETCFG and transfer all LOAD & BINDS to the NETINFO file. Check PROTOCOLS > TCPIP. Make sure IP Packet Forwarding is set to Enabled("Router") if you have multiple LAN cards. Also make sure that LAN Static Routing is enabled and that a Default Route has been specified. Check the DNS Resolver Configuration and the addresses of DNS servers.
- Re-boot the server. Make sure INETCFG is not loaded.
- Place the BorderManager 3.6 CD in the CDROM and load CDROM. The BMEE36 volume should mount.
- Install BorderManager from the X Server -- Graphical Console. Install from the ROOT of the BorderManager 3.6 CD that should now be mounted.
After the 3.6 install you must immediately install BM36SP1A.EXE DO NOT RE-BOOT THE SERVER BEFORE INSTALLING BM36SP1A.EXE. The BM 3.6 install will downgrade many critical OS NLMs that need to be replaced prior to re-booting the server. Otherwise, it will abend when it re-loads. BM36SP1A.EXE will put the original files back in place.
- Tune the server for BorderManager as per TID 10018669: BorderManager Proxy and Cache Performance and Tuning
- If you are planning to run VPN, SOCKS or PROXY services as well as Native File Access on the server, please refer to TID 10065584: Error "Failed to authenticate Token Password"
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com