Resetting the Default BorderManager Filters
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 13 Dec 2001
Current version: BorderManager 3.6
We've had some inquiries from people who have configured a bunch of BorderManager filters, and would like to erase them all and start fresh with the default filters that ship with the product. Here's how to do it:
- Unload IPFLT, IPXFLT, AND FILTSRV at the console.
- Disable filter support in INETCFG/PROTOCOLS/TCPIP and IPX.
- Rename the SYS:ETC/FILTERS.CFG.
- Reinitialize system.
- LOAD BRDCFG.NLM.
- Say NO to launch INETCFG.NLM.
- Select Set filters on the Public interface.
- Select the PUBLIC interface and enter on continue.
- Hit ENTER when prompted to acknowledge both IP and IPX filter placement success.
- Hit ESCAPE to leave BRDCFG.NLM. The system will be reinitialized automatically.
For more info, see TID 10013153
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com