Security Benchmarks and Tools
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 9 May 2002
The Center for Internet Security (CIS) is a not-for-profit cooperative enterprise that helps organizations reduce the risk of business and e-commerce disruptions resulting from inadequate security configurations.
CIS members are developing and propagating the widespread application of Security Benchmarks through a global consensus process that brings together industry, government, academia and consultants. CIS Benchmarks enumerate the "When, Why, and How" aspects of technical security configurations across a wide range of operating system platforms and Internet software applications.
The Center for Internet Security released five new free security benchmarks and tools this week:
- An updated Level-I Benchmark for Windows 2000 (v1.1.7)
- A new Level-II Benchmark for Windows 2000 Professional (v1.0.4)
- A new Level-I Benchmark for Windows NT (v1.0.3)
- An updated Windows NT/2000 Scoring Tool (v2.4.0) to evaluate your host systems relative to these benchmarks
- An updated Implementation Guide with instructions for using the new Scoring Tool
Download them free from http://www.cisecurity.org
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com