Installing a VPN Client
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 12 Sep 2002
Current Version: BorderManager 3.7
This is a quick guide to how to install and configure a VPN client on servers running BorderManager 3.0 and above.
- On the workstation, run sys:public\brdmgr\setup.exe.
(These files can also be found on the NBM Server CD at \install\public\brdmgr\vpn\setup.exe)
- During the install you will be prompted to create a dial-up entry to your ISP. If you do not have an existing dial-up entry that you can use for the VPN client, create a new dial-up entry. Here's how:
- Double-click Make New Connection.
- Enter the name of the dial-up entry and select the modem.
- Select Next and enter the area code, phone number, and country code for this ISP.
- Select Next > Finish to complete the dial-up entry.
- After the dial-up entry is created you will need to modify the server type property for the dial-up entry. Here's how:
- Right-click the dial-up entry and select Properties.
- Select Server Type.
- Set Type of Dial-up Server to Novell Virtual Private Network.
- Click OK to save your changes.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com