DirXML 1.1a Driver Support for Windows 2003
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 12 Aug 2004
Are the DirXML AD 1.1 driver and Password Synchronization supported on Windows 2003? Yes! Read on, or check out TID 10084602 for all the details.
The DirXML 1.1a and later AD driver has been certified to work with Windows 2003. The driver has been tested running on a Windows 2003 domain controller using the remote loader technology and from a Windows 2002 server using the drivers remote API's.
After you configure the AD driver, follow the steps outlined below.
|Installing the Import Overlay over your AD Driver Object|
- Download the zipped configuration files at: http://nls.novell.com/docs/PATTLNK_712003_225-w3k.zip - it will create an output transformation stylesheet named "AD-Win2003-OutputTransformSS".
- Select the "Create a New Application Driver" under "Wizards" in ConsoleOne.
- Reference the extracted XML file, supplying the CN name of your AD Driver object and the correct domain name for this driver.
The domain name can be found in MMC on the account tab. It will be the second window to the right under "User Logon Name".
|Adding the Stylesheet as an Output Transformation rule|
- Add the "DirXML-OutputTransform" attribute to the other tab on the driver object.
- Browse and select the "AD-Win2003-OutputTransformSS" stylesheet".
If you already have an Output Transformation rule then add this stylesheet as a next transformation rule to your Output Transform using rule chaining, as follows:
- In ConsoleOne, go to the properties of your Output Transform -> Other tab -> Add attribute "DirXML-NextTransformation".
- For its value, browse to and select the "AD-Win2003-OutputTransformSS" stylesheet.
- Refer to the DirXML 1.1a administration guide for additional instructions on creating stylesheet objects and rule chaining.
If using Password Synchronization in addition to the AD driver, the Password Synchronization Agent can only be installed on a Windows 2000 machine, not on Windows 2003. Only the password synchronization filter piece is supported on Windows 2003.
Note: eDirectory 8.73 is supported on Windows 2003. The DirXML 1.1a engine is also supported on Windows 2003 with version 2.0.1 of Nsure Identity Manager.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com