Hiding Disabled eDirectory Accounts
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 4 Jan 2005
A reader recently asked: "If there are eDirectory accounts in a container that have been disabled, but not deleted yet, is there any way to make them not show up in eDirectory?"
And here's the response from one of our Forum experts:
If you want to filter out user objects that are disabled (that is to say, the "logindisabled" attribute equals TRUE), follow these steps:
- Log in to the eGuide admin utility.
- Click LDAP Data Sources.
- Click Edit on your data source.
- Click the Attributes tab.
- Choose the User category.
- Scroll down to the logindisabled attribute.
- Click More Options.
- Click Attribute Filtering.
- Check the "Enable filtering on this attribute" option.
- Set the Search Criteria to "Does not equal".
- Set the Search value to "TRUE".
- Click Save.
Bingo - no more disabled users will appear. Attribute filtering can be incredibly useful - for example, you can use it to hide admin or system logins.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com