Configuring GroupWise to access NetMail
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 8 Oct 2002
NetMail includes a Web client accessible from any browser and requires no configuration but if you would like to use GroupWise to access NetMail, follow the instructions below:
To configure GroupWise to access your NetMail account using IMAP, do the following (POP configuration similar, simply substitute POP for all instances of IMAP):
- Start GroupWise.
- Select "Account Options" from the 'Accounts' menu.
- Click 'Add'.
- Enter your Account Name as you would like it displayed in GroupWise. Select IMAP as the Account Type then click 'Next'.
- In the Create Internet Account dialog, enter the following: (using myrealbox as an example)
- Enter 'imap.myrealbox.com' as the Incoming mail server (IMAP)
- Specify your MyRealBox username as the 'Login name'
- Enter 'smtp.myrealbox.com' as the 'Outgoing mail server (SMTP)'
- Specify your MyRealBox E-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) as the 'E-mail address'
- If you want an E-mail address other than the one specified in the step above to appear in the 'from;' field of all messages you send from your NetMail account, enter this address as the 'From name:'
- Click 'Next'.
- Select your connection type and click 'Next'. You may need to contact your Internet Service Provider for the correct connection type.
- Enter description and move your folder to desired location. Select 'Finish'.
- Close the Internet Accounts dialog.
You are now ready to use GroupWise with your NetMail account.
Other Client Configurations:
- Configuring Eudora to access your NetMail account
- Configuring Outlook 2000 to access your NetMail account
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com