Configuring Netscape Messenger to Access MyRealBox
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 12 Jul 2002
To configure Netscape Messenger to access NetMail, please follow the steps below:
- Launch Netscape, and then open the Edit menu (on the top menubar) and select Preferences.
- Click on the "x" next to "Mail&Newsgroups" to expand the category.
- Select "Identity".
- Enter your name and e-mail address from your NetMail account: (myrealbox used as an example)
- Select "Mail Servers".
- Enter 'smtp.myrealbox.com' in the "Outgoing mail (SMTP) server" field.
- Enter your user name for NetMail in the 'Outgoing mail server user name' field.
- Select the "Delete" button in the "Incoming Mail Servers" dialog box to delete the default server.
- Select the "Add" button in "Incoming Mail Servers" dialog box to add the NetMail server.
- Enter your user name in the 'User Name' Field.
- Select 'OK' on both screens.
- To send and receive E-mails open Netscape then open the 'Communicator' menu (on the top menubar) and select 'Messenger'.
- Now you can use Netscape Messenger with NetMail.
Other Client Configurations:
- Configuring Eudora to access NetMail
- Configuring GroupWise to access NetMail
- Configuring Outlook 2000 to access NetMail
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com