NetMail 3.1 Eval Readme File
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 22 Jul 2002
NetMail 3.1 can only be installed on a server on which Novell eDirectory or a prior version of NDS is installed. If you do not have a copy of Novell eDirectory you may obtain it by download. To receive your Novell eDirectory product:
- Download Novell eDirectory at http://download.novell.com
- Review the readme for the applicable platform in the README directory in the product.
- Before you install eDirectory, you must obtain your evaluation license file from http://www.novell.com/products/edirectory/licenses/eval_86x.html
- Review the installation instructions for the applicable platform at http://www.novell.com/documentation
If you would prefer an eDirectory CD, you can purchase this CD at www.shopnovell.com. However, you will still need to obtain the license file as indicated above.
You must be running one of the following operating systems on the server on which you install NetMail.? See the manual for system requirements.
- NetWare 4.11 with SP9 or higher
- NetWare 5.1 with SP3, SP5 or higher (SP4 is not recommended)
- NetWare 6 with SP1 or higher
- Solaris 8 or higher
- Linux -- Red Hat 7.0 or higher (any version of Red Hat supported by eDirectory)
- Windows NT4 with SP6a with the latest security fixes
- Windows 2000 with SP2 with the latest security fixes
- Windows XP with the latest security fixes
NetMail 3.1 evaluation code is available for download as a single compressed file for each supported platform or as an ISO image of all supported platforms. You should download the appropriate file for your platform to a workstation local drive or to a network location.
To download NetMail 3.1 evaluation code:
From http://download.novell.com/ locate the appropriate download for your preferred platform and follow the instructions on your screen.
The NetMail 3.1 installation may perform any or all of the following actions depending upon your installation choices:
- Extends the eDirectory schema
- Backs up files from a previous version of NIMS
- Installs the NetMail 3.1 binaries, documentation, help files and administration snapins
- Configures the NetMail system
To Install NetMail 3.1:
- Double click on the downloaded file.
- You will be prompted for a location to which to extract the NetMail 3.1 installation files.
- Open NMAIL31.PDF from the directory specified above. Chapter 3 of this document provides specific installation and configuration instructions for NetMail 3.1 on the platform (NetWare, Linux, Solaris, or Windows) of your choice.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com