Creating a Sent Items Folder
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 2 Aug 2002
Question: How can I keep a copy of all my sent items?
Answer: By default, copies of sent messages are not retained in your WebAccess mailbox. You can, however, create and designate a folder to store copies of sent messages. Follow the instructions below:
WebAccess Template Instructions
To add a folder
- In the Folder List click Add Folder.
- Type a name in the Folder Name field.
- From the Create In drop-down list, select where you want to add the folder. For example, to add a folder inside the Inbox folder, select INBOX.
- Click OK.
NOTE: By default, new folders are added at the root level of the mailbox.
Select a folder to collect sent messages
- Click Options > Mailbox Management
- From the Sent Folder drop-down list under Mailbox Settings, select the folder in which you want to store sent messages.
- Click Save to save your folder settings.
Saved copies of sent messages occupy space in your mailbox and count against your mailbox quota.
Note: If you use both an Internet mail client and WebAccess (for example, you use an Internet mail client on your desktop computer, but you use WebAccess on your laptop), create a WebAccess folder matching your Internet mail client's Sent folder. Then, select that folder as your Sent folder in WebAccess. Matching the Sent folder names in WebAccess and your Internet mail client enables the folders to synchronize when you switch back and forth between mail systems.
Note: Some Mailbox Management options may not be provided on your system.
WebMail Template Instructions
- Click Preferences
- Scroll down to the Appearence section. From the Sent Folder drop-down list, select the folder in which you want to store sent messages.
- Click Apply to save your sent folder settings.
For more user tips visit: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/netmail/subject_index.html#Tips
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com