Limiting NetMail's ModWeb Address Book Search
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 12 Sep 2003
Novell Technical Support: TID10086379
NetMail can be setup to only search for users with the same Internet Domain Name.
- Group the users that share the same Internet Domain Name into the same NDS context.
- Edit the properties of the Orginizational Unit that contains the user objects.
- Select the NetMail Options tab and enter the Internet Domain Name into the Domain field.
- In NWAdmin make sure NetMail Address Book Agent has the desired settings.
- In Consoleone edit the NetMail Address Book Agent.
Note: It will show as a question mark as it is not snapped in.
- Select the Other tab.
- The Novonyx:LDAP Options setting will have a number representing your settings in step 1. Add 16 to the number and modify the attribute with the new sum.
For example, if the option is 1 then add 16 to get a sum 17. This adds the option: LDAP_USE_USERS_BASEDN.
- Create a NetMail Parent Object for each context under Internet Services | Parent Objects.
- Edit the Parent Object and select the Options tab.
- Select the ModWebMail object tab.
- Check the System-Wide address book checkbox. Fill in the LDAP Server in the following format: ldap://User:Password@IP_address:Port/?Internet_domain_name
- User is any user in the container that will be using this parent object. You can create one or use an existing one.
- Password is the NDS password for the above user.
- IP_addresss is the IP address of the NetMail server.
- Port is 389 unless the Address Book object was changed.
- Internet_domain_name such as novell.com
- In NWAdmin, edit each user object and select the NetMail Parent Object tab. Browse to the Parent Object that this user belongs to. Note: To add multiple users to the same parent object, select the users in the NDS tree. Select Object | Details of Mulitple Users. Select the NetMail Configuration tab. Select the parent object.
- Restart NetMail.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com