Create Custom Sent Items Folders
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Tim Gage
Digg This -
Posted: 29 Oct 1999
Tim Gage gives us a tip for creating sent items folders for any time period you want.
"Ever wanted to look at only the last few days of messages you've sent? Ever waited and waited for the Sent Items folder to build just because you wanted to see a message you sent yesterday?
I asked myself the same question and came up with the following solution: Create your own custom "Sent Items Folder."
Here's all you do:
- Create a new query (or Find Results folder) by clicking on the magnifying glass on the tool bar or clicking Tools, Find.
- Click Advanced.
- Select Item Source in the first box, select Contains as the operator, and select Sent in the second box.
- Click And in the pop up list.
- Select Created in the first box of the second row, type -7 in the next box, then make sure Today appears in the last box.
- Save the filter (you never know when you might want to have it again) by clicking Filter (in the upper left corner of the dialog), Save. After you've named and saved the filter, click OK to close the Advanced Find dialog.
- Click OK in the Advanced Find dialog to run the query. You may want to make sure you're only searching your Mailbox, and not in any available GroupWise Libraries.
- When the Find is done, click File, Save as Folder in the Find Results window.
- Type a name for the folder (something like Sent Items (7 days), then click Finish.
You can create sent items folders for any time period you like. I have one for 7 and 14 days. Enjoy!"
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com