Sending to Multiple Users without Entering Names
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 14 Sep 2001
Current version: GroupWise 5.5 EP, GroupWise 6
Did you know you could send the same item to many users at once, without having to do that pesky addressing thing? You can use wildcards (combinations of asterisks) to send a mass mailing.
Now in some places, your send abilities will have been strictly curtailed by the rights your system administrator has given you. But if you are a trusted (non-spammer) person who would have a legitimate reason to broadcast email from time to time, give this a try.
First, open and create an item. Instead of entering or selecting names for the To line, do this:
- To send the item to every user on your post office, type * in the To box.
- To send the item to every user in your domain, type *.* in the To box.
- To send the item to every internal user, type *.*.* in the To box.
Internal users include every GroupWise user on all internal GroupWise domains and post offices in your GroupWise system.
- To send the item to every user on a post office, type *.post_office_name or *.post_office_name.domain_name in the To box.
- To send the item to every user in a domain, type *.domain_name in the To box.
You can send items to internal or external post offices and to internal or external domains. Just remember that if you ever abuse this privilege and try to foist Girl Scout Cookies or Free Kittens off on the whole company, your rights will probably be revoked within the hour.
(And if you ever send a joke this way and we hear about it, we'll hunt you down and remove more than your rights.)
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com