Auditing GroupWise Account Activity
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 10 Apr 2002
If you are a GroupWise Administrator and would like to know who has used GroupWise during the past xx number of days, learn how to use the Mailbox Library maintenance Audit Report. This is a new feature to GroupWise 6 Sp1.
Please refer to the GroupWise Documentation page: Auditing Mailbox License Usage in the Post Office for details. The documentation shows screen shots and walks thru the process of running Mailbox Library Maintenance with the new Audit Report.
This can also be run as a scheduled event or from stand-alone gwcheck.exe, as long as you are running GW6 SP1.
To generate an audit report for the post office:
- In ConsoleOne, browse to and select the Post Office object.
- Click Tools > GroupWise Utilities > Mailbox/Library Maintenance.
- In the Action field, select Audit Report.
- In the Show Accounts without Activity for nn Days field, select the number of days you want to use for the inactivity report. Using the default setting (60 days) will cause the Mailbox/Library Maintenance program to indicate the mailboxes that have not had any activity within the last 60 days.
- If you want write the report to a log file, click the Logging tab > specify a name for the log file.
- If you want to send the results as an e-mail message to the domain's GroupWise administrator or to another individual, click the Results tab > select the appropriate options.
- Click Run > OK to acknowledge that the Mailbox/Library Maintenance task has been sent to the POA.
- Once the POA has performed the task, the audit report will be generated in the format (log file or e-mail message) you specified.
Here are a few testing notes of what is reported as an Active / Inactive User.
- Send a message
- Open a message
- Delete a message
- Accessing GW Account using POP3 thru the GW6 SP1 GWIA
- Entering and exiting GroupWise without doing anything
- Changing Tools | Options
- Creating Rules
- Rule generated Reply
- Proxy access - including sending a message
For details or updates on this tip, see TID-10068702.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com