How to Create a Forwarding Email Rule
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Duane Fish
Digg This -
Posted: 22 May 2002
Using GroupWise 5.5 to Create Rules for Forwarding
You want to have all e-mail you send from your internal account to be automatically forwarded to a second e-mail account, such as an e-mail address you access from home.
Here's how to do it: (You need to create a rule from within your GroupWise Client that will do this for you.)
- If you don't have your GroupWise Client open, go ahead and open it now.
- As shown in Figure 1 below, highlight the Tools menu, and select Rules.
- Selecting Rules will open the Rules dialog box, as shown in Figure 2 below. Click on the button labeled New?
- The New Rule dialog box will be brought up as shown in Figure 3.
- Enter the name you want to label the rule. In the example, I use "Forward Home". Next, select which event you wish to trigger this event. Since we want to forward e-mail that I send, I cleared the Received box and checked the Sent box. The Item Type of Mail should already be checked. From here, click the Add Action button and click on the Forward? item from the list. Figure 4 below shows these selections.
- The Forward dialog box will open up as shown in Figure 5 below.
- Now you can enter the e-mail addresses you wish to receive your forwarded e-mail that you send from your internal e-mail. You can add a message or subject to it so that you can tell where it came from. Figure 6 below shows an example.
- Once you are done, click on the OK button, and it will go back to the New Rule dialog box. You should see it filled out similar to the one below.
- Click the Save button, and you should see that your new rule has been created and is active as shown below.
- As you can see, the rule has been created and is Enabled. If you wish to disable the rule, simply click on the check box at the left of the rule, as shown below. This will not delete the rule, simply disable it.
- Click the Close button and you are done. If the rule is enabled, then from now on, every single e-mail you send out internally will be automatically forwarded to your designated account(s).
As you can see, it is pretty flexible, in that you can add to as many addresses as you like (within reason, of course).
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com