Creating Rules in GroupWise WebAccess
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 12 Sep 2002
You can use rules in GroupWise WebAccess to define actions that you want to be performed on items you receive. For example, you can forward or reply to messages or move messages to folders. Rules can help you organize your Mailbox, automate your Mailbox while you are away, or delete unwanted items.
You can edit any rules you create in GroupWise WebAccess. If you've created rules using another version of the GroupWise client, you will be able to edit those rules provided they do not contain more capabilities than GroupWise WebAccess allows you to set.
To create a rule, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Options icon ()
- Select Rules.
- Select the type of rule you want to create:
- Delete: Moves an item to the Trash.
- Forward: Forwards an item to the recipients you specify.
- Move to Folder: Moves an item to the folder you specify.
- Reply: Generates a reply to an item. The reply can go to the sender of the item only (Reply to Sender) or to all recipients of the item (Reply All).
- Vacation: Generates a reply to all new items you receive.
- Click Create to display the Create Rule form.
- Type the name you want to use for the rule.
- Define an optional condition to limit the items that are affected by the rule. If you do not define an optional condition, the rule will be applied to all new items you receive.
Note: You cannot define an optional condition for the Vacation rule. The Vacation rule is applied to all items.
- Define the actions that you want performed when the rule is applied.
The actions vary depending on the type of rule you are creating. For example, if you are creating a rule to reply to items, you would select whether you want to reply to the sender only or the sender and all recipients. When moving an item to a folder, you select the destination folder.
- Click Save to save the rule to the Rules list.
Note: By default, the rule is automatically activated. If you don't want the rule active at this time, deselect the rule's Activate box > click Save.
To keep the rule active, click Close.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com