Create Copy of Ex-employee's Mailbox
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Darryl Smith
Digg This -
Posted: 27 Mar 2003
Problem: Needed to keep messages and appointments of an ex-employee and remove the user from the GroupWise system or be able to delete messages and not archive but be able to keep.
Solution: Used GroupWise "Hit the Road" and created a complete remote mailbox of the ex-employee user account. Burned copies of the remote mailbox to CD to keep on and off site.
I also use it as a backup of messages that I do not want to keep in archive.
- Record the GroupWise user ID.
- Login to the GroupWise account online as the X-employee.
- Using "Hit the Road" create a remote mailbox for the user and set a password.
- Change the "Retrieve Options" for the days to include when the employee began employment to when they were let go and get the attachments and messages regardless of size.
- Disconnect from the GroupWise system. Using the startup options /@u-? verify access to the remote mailbox and the messages, appointments and sent items.
- Burn a copy(s)of the remote mailbox to CD.
- Delete the remote mailbox from the local drive. Copy the remote mailbox from CD to the local drive and test access.
- Delete the user from the GroupWise system and then you can access the messages if needed by copying the remote mailbox from CD to a local harddrive.
For more tips see:
|submit a tip|
Here's a chance to share your experiences using GroupWise. Just send us a tip about using (or installing, deploying, troubleshooting, etc.) GroupWise, and if it looks like something we can use, we'll send you a Novell t-shirt, post your tip, and make you famous beyond your tamest dreams. Submit your tip here: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/forms/submit_a_tip.html
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com