How to create a "Jobs ToDo" or "Uncompleted Tasks" folder
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Philipp Orth
Digg This -
Posted: 17 Jul 2003
Problem: Since the Task List is a Find Results Folder with no advanced parameters, if you complete a task it will still show up in the Task List.
This tip is related to http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/gwmag/features/tips/t_tip_move_completed_tasks_gw.html - I think, my solution is somewhat more practicable.
How to create a "Jobs ToDo" or "Uncompleted Tasks" folder:
- Click File > New > Folder.
- Click Find Results Folder.
- Click Custom Find Results Folder > click Next.
- Type in the name for your folder, e.g.: Jobs ToDo.
- Position the folder where you want it in the Folder List > click Next.
- Specify the search criteria:
- Under Item Type, select Task.
- Under Item Source, select all sources.
- Under Look in:, select the folders you want to searched in for uncompleted tasks (should be at least the mailbox).
- Select Find New Matching Items Each Time the Folder Is Opened.
- Now, click on the Advanced Find Button.
- In the first drop-down list, select Item Status > select ! Does Not Include > in the next drop- down box, select Completed, and in the last box, select New Group. In the next box, select And.
In the 2nd drop-down list, select Item Source > = (Equal to) > Received > Or.
For the 3rd drop-down list, use Item Source > = (Equal to) > Posted > End.
Check OK. That's it. (Don't ask me why the second group is needed - but it won't work without it.)
For more tips see:
|submit a tip|
Here's a chance to share your experiences using GroupWise. Just send us a tip about using (or installing, deploying, troubleshooting, etc.) GroupWise, and if it looks like something we can use, we'll send you a Novell t-shirt, post your tip, and make you famous beyond your tamest dreams. Submit your tip here: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/forms/submit_a_tip.html
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com