Migrating Domain Database from GroupWise 4.1
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 23 Jul 2003
TID-10085072 - Migrating domain database from GroupWise 4.1 to 5.5 causes D109 error.
Problem: Migrating domain database from GroupWise 4.1 to 5.5 causes D109 error.
Cause: The "allowed addressing formats" setting in the internet addressing control panel is not understood by the GroupWise 5.5 or GroupWise 5.5 Enhancement Pack snapin. This causes the domain migration to fail when it reads the record containing this setting.
Fix: Finish migrating any GroupWise 4.1 domains/post offices to at LEAST GroupWise 5.5 before updating your primary domain to GroupWise 6.5.
Note: If you have already migrated your primary domain to version 6.5, you will need to have a support engineer manually edit your primary domain database before you can perform the 4.1-5.5 migration.
- In ConsoleOne, click Tools | GroupWise System Operations | Internet Addressing.
- Make a note of which addressing formats you have allowed for the system.
- Open an incident with Novell support. Refer the engineer to this TID for instructions about how to perform the database edit. (Detailed instructions are in the internal comments of this TID)
- Schedule a time with the support engineer to perform the database edit.
- Bring down your MTA, send your primary domain database to the support engineer. When the support engineer sends your database back, copy it to the proper location and perform the 4.1-5.5 database migration.
- Go back to the internet addressing control panel and restore the setting you noted in step 2.
You will need to do this for each 4.1 domain in your system.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com