Tip: Create a Shredder Folder to Delete and Empty Items
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Jon Eveland
Digg This -
Posted: 7 Aug 2003
Problem: You receive tens or hundreds of messages per day. Many are "status" messages from your systems administrator. Or perhaps you receive lots of spam. If you delete a message, then decide you need it back, it's hidden among the hundreds of deleted messages you don't want.
Solution: Create a "shredder" folder that automatically empties items filed into it. Then, drag and drop items that you *really* don't want into the shredder instead of the trash. If you're particularly brave, you can even create rules that file messages into the shredder.
- Click File > New > Folder.
- Click Personal Folder > click Next.
- Type in a name for your folder, e.g. "shredder".
- Position the folder where you want it in the folder list (mine is next to the trash) > click Next > click Finish.
- Click Tools > Rules > New.
- Name your rule, e.g. "shredder".
- Change "When event is" to Filed Item.
- Change "Select folder" to be the shredder folder.
- Click on "Add action" > Empty item.
- Click Save > Close.
For more tips see:
|submit a tip|
Here's a chance to share your experiences using GroupWise. Just send us a tip about using (or installing, deploying, troubleshooting, etc.) GroupWise, and if it looks like something we can use, we'll send you a Novell t-shirt, post your tip, and make you famous beyond your tamest dreams. Submit your tip here: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/forms/submit_a_tip.html
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com