How to Create a New Folder for Uncompleted Tasks
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Sayed Hashimi
Digg This -
Posted: 18 Sep 2003
Problem: Using your Tasks folder can be more confusing sometimes then it is helpful. It is particularly a problem if you co-workers are sending you tasks using the GroupWise AutoDate feature. For example if Desiree in accounting wants you to collect the time cards every Monday then she may send you a recurring item for every Monday from here until next year. When she does this you will be surprised to find 52 new tasks in your tasks folder. If this happens to you, you need to get rid of seeing all of those tasks that aren't due for a while.
Solution: To do this you need to setup a new folder and call it, "Uncompleted Tasks". This folder will be a Find results folder and it will display only those tasks that you have not completed and are either over due or due within 8 days.
Example: Here are the steps to setup that folder from the Main-Window:
- In the folder list right-click on the container that you want to folder to be placed. The cabinet is always a good place.
- Check the 'Find results folder' radio button.
- Make sure that the 'Custom find results folder' radio button is selected.
- Click Next
- In the 'Name' text box give it the name 'Uncompleted Tasks'
- Now you can place the folder where you want using the navigation buttons on the right side of the dialog box.
- Click next
- Click Advanced Find
- In the drop down box select 'Item Type' if it's not available select 'All Fields' then grab it. The operator should be '=' then the value should be 'Task'
- In the drop down list at the right select 'And'
- In the next row select 'Item Status' the operator should be '!' and the value 'Completed'. Select 'And' again.
- In the following row select 'To' and the operator should be '' and in the value text box place your user name, as it is in your Novell GroupWise Address book. Select 'And' one more time.
- In the last row select 'Due / End Date' and the operator should be '<=' from the list select the 'On or before' and not the 'On or before date'. Now to the right of the operator you should see 2 boxes, if you don't you selected the wrong operator, in the first one place and 8 and in the second make sure that it says 'Today'.
- Click 'OK'
- Click 'Next'
- Click 'Finish'
Now when you need to know what tasks actually need to be completed instead of using the old Tasks folder just go to you new and improved folder that will get rid of all those unwanted task items.
For more tips see:
|submit a tip|
Here's a chance to share your experiences using GroupWise. Just send us a tip about using (or installing, deploying, troubleshooting, etc.) GroupWise, and if it looks like something we can use, we'll send you a Novell t-shirt, post your tip, and make you famous beyond your tamest dreams. Submit your tip here: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/forms/submit_a_tip.html
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com