Cool Tip: How to Print a List of GroupWise Aliases
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Steve Eschenburg
Digg This -
Posted: 28 Jan 2004
Problem: There are times when simply viewing the list of GroupWise aliases in ConsoleOne isn't enough to get the job done, especially if you are creating several new accounts and need to know if some names are already used. Or maybe you are looking through the log files and need to match some NetWare user names to their alias names. Or maybe you're tasked with providing a list of aliases for some reason. A printed list would be very handy to have. A printed list that allows for sorting would be even better. Yes, it's possible.
- Open ConsoleOne and then open the Tools menu.
- Select GroupWise Diagnostics and select Record Enumerations.
- In the Record Type list choose 'Gateway aliases by alias', 'Gateway aliases by type', or 'Gateway aliases by user'. This will produce a list of your GroupWise aliases.
- Highlight the top item in the list. Scroll to the bottom of the list. Hold your Shift key and click on the last item in the list. This will highlight the entire list.
- Now hit CTRL+C to copy the list to the clipboard.
- Open your spreadsheet program and paste the data into it.
- Do a victory dance because you now have a list of your aliases and can sort and print to your heart's content.
For more tips see:
|submit a tip|
Here's a chance to share your experiences using GroupWise. Just send us a tip about using (or installing, deploying, troubleshooting, etc.) GroupWise, and if it looks like something we can use, we'll send you a Novell t-shirt, post your tip, and make you famous beyond your tamest dreams. Submit your tip here: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/forms/submit_a_tip.html
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com