Tips for Migrating GroupWise and ZENworks for Servers with the Migration Wizard
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Glen Davis
Digg This -
Posted: 22 Apr 2004
Procedures for Migrating ZENworks for Servers and GroupWise with the Novell NetWare Migration Wizard.
When using the Migration Wizard 6.5 or 7.1 to migrate a Server from an old piece of hardware to a new piece of hardware, it requires the reinstallation\reconfiguration of products after the migration has completed.
Here are some steps to help get ZENworks for Servers and GroupWise running on the new server after the migration. I realize many will have different environments and configurations but hopefully this can help as a basic steps of what to do to get these applications running after the migration.
In this particular example a NetWare 5.1 server was being migrated to NetWare 6.0. This was tested with a 5.1 server running GroupWise 6 with all the agents, MTA, etc., running on the same source server, migrating to a NetWare 6 server.
- Close all running GroupWise processes on the source server, before starting the migration.
- Run the migration as normal, make sure to backup the entire SYS volume, when prompted during Volume copy stage. This will make sure we get the GroupWise files from the source copied to sys:sys.mig\system on the destination.
- After the migration is complete copy the following from Sys:sys.mig\system\ to Sys:system:
GRPWISE.NCF GWENN3.NLM GWIA.CFG GWIA.NCF GWIA.NLM GWIA.XLM GWIA1BR.FIR GWIA1DE.FIR GWIA1ES.FIR GWIA1FR.FIR GWIA1US.FIR GWPOA1US.FIL GWPOA.HLP GWPOA.NLM GWPOA.XLM GWTMSTMP.NLM GWTSA.NCF GWTSA.NLM GWTSA.XLM GWTSAUS.FIL GWIACHK.NLM GWMTA.NLM GWMTA.XLM GWMTA1US.FIL GWMTA1US.HLP GWNETCFG.CHK GWNETCFG.CHK *.POA *.MTA XIS10.NOM XGAB10.NLM XGABAS10.NLM XGMSG10.NLM XGDM10.NLM XGCAL10.NLM
- Now launch GroupWise on the new NetWare 6 server.
Note: If running GroupWise WebAccess, the WebAccess piece will need to be reinstalled.
This was tested migrating a server to NetWare 6.5.
- Stop the ZENworks Database before starting the migration
- Drag and Drop sys:zenworks from source to destination (to Sys:zenworks)in the Migration Wizard. Drag and drop other data as necessary and then complete the file copy portion of the migration.
- Edit Configuration files (step 2 of the migration)On destination edit Autoexec.ncf and add ZFS.ncf
- Edit destination server's Hosts, Hostname, and Autoexec.ncf - make sure Ipaddress, Servername and DNS name on destination will change to that of the source.
- Copy sys:system\mgmtdbs.ncf to sys:system (if system is dropped in sys.mig, it can be copied from sys.mig to sys:system after the migration)
- After the migration has completed all four steps then run ZFSMIG.nlm
- Download NetWare Migration Wizard 7.1 here
- NetWare Migration Wizard 7.1 documentation
- NetWare Migration Wizard 6.5 documentation
For more tips see:
|submit a tip|
Here's a chance to share your experiences using GroupWise. Just send us a tip about using (or installing, deploying, troubleshooting, etc.) GroupWise, and if it looks like something we can use, we'll send you a Novell t-shirt, post your tip, and make you famous beyond your tamest dreams. Submit your tip here: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/forms/submit_a_tip.html