BrainStorm Cool Tip: Automatically Accept Items You Schedule
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 22 Jul 2004
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use GroupWise. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
|automatically accept items you schedule|
To bring attention to all scheduled items in your calendar, GroupWise always asks you to accept the items. However, accepting items that you scheduled yourself can be bothersome. Simplify the process! Have GroupWise automatically accept all those items for you by creating a rule.
|create the "Auto-Accept My Calendar Items" rule|
- From the GroupWise main window, click Tools > Rules.
- In the Rules dialog box, click New?
- Name the Rule something like Auto-Accept My Calendar Items.
- Leave the defaults of New Item and Received selected.
- Place a checkmark next to Appointments.
- Optional - You can also checkmark Tasks and Reminder Notes if you send yourself these types of items as opposed to using Posted Tasks and Posted Reminder Notes.
- Click the Define Conditions? button.
- Choose From in the first box and  Contains for the delimiter.
- Enter your full name as it appears in GroupWise in the next box and choose OK.
At this point, you have told GroupWise to act on all Appointments (and optionally Notes and Tasks) that are from yourself. Now it is time to tell GroupWise what to do with those items.
- Select the Add Action button in the 'Then actions are:' area, and choose Accept? from the menu.
- Optional - Enter a comment in the supplied field if you wish. Remember that this text will be visible in the properties of the sent item.
- Click the OK button.
Your rule is now finished.
- Click the Save button.
- Ensure that there is a checkmark next to your newly created rule, and click the Close button to close the Rules dialog box.
|exceptions to the rule|
If you do not want to accept an item for any reason, simply locate the item in your calendar and decline it.
|versions of GroupWise|
This Rule works in GroupWise 5.x and higher.
|more BrainStorm cool tips|
If you would like more information on how to increase your productivity and utilization of GroupWise, visit BrainStorm online at http://www.brainstorminc.com. BrainStorm, Inc. is Novell's End-User Training Partner.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com