Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
Allow LDAP contextless login, extend valid password rules, display an administrator-defined message.
|Posted:||9 Jun 2000|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
DirXperts is a collection of several utilities, including LDAP Contextless Login, Password Restrictions, Message of the Day, and NDS Explorer.
This is a free (not time-bombed) version of this very popular tool that originally released in March 2000. Please note that the NDS Screen Saver, which uses NDS verification to unlock the workstation under Windows 9.x, has been removed from the bundle. It is now available through SSO v2.0 or future NMAS releases.
LDAP Contextless Login
The LDAP Contextless Login Extension for Windows 9x and Windows NT allows for contextless login without requiring catalogs on the backend. When the user changes the user name or tree name, this extension uses LDAP to search the entire tree for all occurrences of the username. If one exists, LgnCxW32 automatically updates the context field of the NDS Tab. If more than one exists, the user is presented a dialog in which to choose which context is to be used. This is way cool and amazingly fast!
LgnPwW32.DLL is a login extension that extends the rules for deciding what is a valid password, when changing expired passwords within the login process.The rules available are:
- Minimum numeric characters: the password must contain at least a specified number of digits ([0-9])
- Minimum alphabetic characters: the password must contain at least a specified number of alphabetic characters ([a-z,A-Z])
- Minimum uppercase characters: the password must contain at least a specified number of uppercase characters ([A-Z])
- Minimum lowercase characters: the password must contain at least a specified number of lowercase characters ([a-z])
- Minimum special characters: the password must contain at least a specified number of characters that are neither alphabetic nor numeric ([!, @, #, $, ...])
- Maximum consecutive characters: the password may not contain the same character more than a specified number of times in a row.
- Maximum repeated characters: the password may not contain the same character more than a specified number of times in the entire password.
- Maximum sequential characters: the password may not contain a series of sequential characters longer than a specified length.
- Maximum characters: the password may not be longer than a specified length.
Message of the Day
LgnMDW32.DLL is a login extension that displays an administrator-defined message in a dialog before the login dialog is displayed. You can control which situations cause the message dialog to be presented, as well as which buttons will be presented to the user. The message can be contained in a .txt file or an .rtf file. The administrator can also require the user to accept an agreement via OK/Cancel or Agree/Disagree buttons. If the user doesn't accept, the login is cancelled before it begins.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com