Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
Shows version and other interesting file information.
|Posted:||26 Feb 2002|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
VERSION.COM is a command line utility which:
- Gives information on Novell NLM and EXE files based on Novell's internally used strings such as VeRsIoN, CoPyRiGhT and others.
- All sorts of Novell identification (even the unknowns for Novell).
- 2.x serial and application number, VAP name.
- 3.x SERVER.EXE serial and application number, address, hexa dump.
- 4.x LICENSE serial and application number, user count, upgrade, SFT III, OEM ID, FLAG
- Compressed and plain NLM, NLM Copyright, version and revision, date, start address, autoload modules (except if compressed).
Copy VERSION.COM to a search drive, (such as F:\PUBLICor C:\WINDOWS), open a DOS prompt, then for example, issue:VERSION.COM F:\SYSTEM\INSTALL.NLMto obtain information on INSTALL.NLM
Or simply issue:VERSION.COM INSTALL.NLM if your current path is F:\SYSTEM and if VERSION.COM is available on any search drive.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com