ENGL Ztoolkit for Windows 2000/XP
Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
Simplify and automate ZENworks imaging.
|Posted:||5 Nov 2002|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
The Ztoolkit is a suite of utilities designed to help administrators automate the build process and deployment of Windows 2000 and XP using ZENworks for Desktops.
Included in the Ztoolkit is a Sysprep-wrapper called Zdrvpath that allows hardware drivers to be separated from a ZENworks base image and distributed using add-on images. This has the advantage of removing the need to frequently update the base image, instead add-on images can be created for each hardware vendor in your organization.
To automate and customise your Windows 2000/XP build, the Ztoolkit includes self-ccntained command-line driven utilities to:
- Read/write to the ZENworks Image-safe Data (ZISD)
- Perform shutdowns, logouts, reboots, hibernation, suspend
- Change display resolutions
- Change the computer name using WMI or manual input (Zcnc 2.x)
- Launch application extensions, i.e. Office XP shortcuts (MSI)
- Perform file system grooming, purging, emptying the recycle bin
- Perform Windows automation, i.e. pushing buttons
- Adding Workstations to Workstation Groups
In addition to the software, full documentation is provided to help you automate your Windows 2000/XP build, including step-by-step procedures.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com