Formativ Applet: Delete Attachments From Selected Messages
Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
Remove attachments from received messages, minimizing the space required to store your GroupWise data.
|Updated:||21 May 2007|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
Storing large numbers of email messages with attachments can place a strain on your GroupWise data storage requirements. This applet lets you remove attachments from recieved messages, minimizing the space required to store your GroupWise data. Simply select a message and click the Delete Attachments button that has been added to the mail toolbar.
There are some restrictions. You need to be using GroupWise 6 SP1 or greater. You cannot remove attachments from messages in shared or query folders. The appletdoes not process the mime.822 attachment associated with some messages. If the mime.822 file contains encoded attachments, these will not be removed.
New features help to further reduce message size and to retain formatting for HTML messages.
Updated: 21 May 2007 - To better represent the date information associated with the original message, when using GroupWise 6.5.1 (SP1) or later, this version uses the Delivered Date message property.
- Prevents the user executing the solution from an archive account.
- Places the new message into the original folder and not the currently selected folder. In the GroupWise 7 client, the Home folder can be configured to show messages from different GroupWise folders. Applet versions prior to 1.7 used to place the new message into the "Home" folder not the folder where the original message was stored (i.e. mailbox).
- Bug fixed (add original message's recipients into the new message).
Updated: 09 June 2005 - To better represent the date information associated with the original message, when using GroupWise 6.5.1 (SP1) or later, this version uses the Delivered Date message property.
*The installation file contains one or more Formativ applets, a brief help text file and any data required by the solution.
Note: To run the free applets available on this page, you will need to install one of the Formativ products below:
- Runtime - For GroupWise users. Formativ Runtime is a low cost engine for running an unlimited number of Formativ solutions for GroupWise.
- Developer - For GroupWise developers. Formativ Developer enables rapid GroupWise enhancement, customization and creation of enterprise solutions. Use Developer to run, customize and extend the free solutions available from Formativ Applet Central.
Visit the Formativ Applet Central site for more information.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com