Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
Monitor BorderManager User Activity in real time.
|Updated:||16 Jun 2007|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
The RTMonitor program scans the most current common log file of BorderManager server and creates the following statistics in real time:
- User IP addresses.
- NDS user name (if Proxy Authentication is in use).
- Last web site visited by the user (will see IP address if Transparent Proxy is used instead of HTTP Proxy).
- Last time this site was accessed in the Main window, and the last twenty URL's visited in the History window, per user.
- Common loading of the user from the moment of start of the program.
- Current loading of the user for the current time cycle of the program.
- HTTP status code of the last HTTP packet.
- Start time of the program.
- Number of users accessing the Internet through BorderManager HTTP or Transparent Proxy (3 - for the demo version).
- Waiting time.
- Average HTTP loading of the server for 5-minutes.
- Name of your NetWare server.
Also you can:
- Create reports for all websites, which your users are visiting at this moment. The program forms two kinds of reports are the report of websites and the report of visitors of these sites.
- Send a message to a user by using the Message services of NetWare.
- Sort collected information.
- Connect to selected Web sites to see where your users have been.
- Look through the History (cache) of these Web sites for some cycles of the program.
- Define name of your users if BorderManager could not make it (in this case you see the "-"symbols in the Users column.
- Save up to ten common log paths in the Recent BorderManager server menu, if you have more than one BorderManager server in the network.
- Manage blocking access to unwanted Web sites and domains using LinkWall by Connectotel http://www.connectotel.com if this software is available on the BorderManager server.
- Manage blocking access to unwanted websites and domains using ContentFilter by Connectotel ( http://www.connectotel.com ) if this software is available on the NBM server.
- Save URL of Web sites in the text file (LinkWall list) for the further analysis.
- See entries of users, which tried to get access to forbidden Web sites (403 HTTP code). In this case RTMonitor shows these entries by yellow background in the Main window and gives the signal to the PC speaker.
- Create HTML reports for the Main and History modes.
- Change the color for the active users' font and the background color for forbidden entries in the Main window.
- Establish max number of users accessing the Internet through NBM HTTP or Transparent Proxy for showing in the Main window, from 1 to 32767.
- Get traffic diagrams for HTTP proxy for the current hour or day.
- Get personal NDS information for user.
- Get information for a desirable host from the Internet Whois databases by the Whois command
- Remote management of workstations via Novell ZENworks Remote Management Agent.
The program works with Novell BorderManager 2.1, 3.0, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8 and 3.9 or CProxy by Connectotel.
- Support of Novell BorderManager 3.9 and LinkWall 3.10.
- Enhanced the Black list mode .
- Enhanced the History mode.
- Fixed the bug: the program shown negative traffic in Status Bar if user loading was more than 700MB.
- Fixed the bug: the program hanged if the main window had no records and the History window was opened.
- Refreshed some codes by the new NDK (February, 2007).
- Created the new HTML HELP.
Full information about the program: http://www.kvy.com.ua.
Instructions for using the program are available at Craig Johnson's Web site: http://www.craigjconsulting.com/rtmonitor.html