Sync Center 2.0
Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
Maintains file synchronization between different volumes or servers as scheduled.
|Updated:||29 Nov 2005|
|Publisher:||Novell Professional Services Hungary|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
Based on the huge success of the previous version, Sync Center v2.0 offers even greater performance and rich feature set long awaited by our customers. Cross-tree operation and Unicode support are just a few of the enhancements provided, with full support for NSS volumes hosted on OES/Linux servers.
Sync Center is an easy-to-use piece of software that allows copying files, directories or even whole volumes among NetWare servers. After an easy configuration done on the client side, the NLM part is ready to reach and maintain the synchronized status automatically, by copying the newly created or modified files and deleting the removed files on the target server. Real-time statistics on the server screen shows the current activity, and detailed log files are provided for monitoring transfer status.
What's new in Sync Center v2.0?
TSA/SMDR makes it possible to achieve unprecedented data transfer rates over WAN links, where pure NCP connections might not be very efficient.
Data transfer between servers belonging to different eDirectory trees are supported (TSA/SMDR only).
In addition to the wide range of NetWare server versions, TSA/SMDR technology allows you to transfer files to/from NSS volumes of an OES/Linux server.
(Note: the NLM still needs to be run on a NetWare server).
Whenever a virtual server name is specified in the config file, which is the most common and preferred way in case of a cluster, licensing is enforced on the assigned physical cluster nodes instead. This change was introduced to apply the same principle among clustered and non-clustered volumes: there is no limit on the number of volumes, only the physical servers have to be licensed.
The remaining bits of metadata can now be transferred, like user and directory quotas.
File and directory names are transferred between TSA agents in UTF-8 format, eliminating any previous issues in multilingual environments.
- Copying and synchronizing files and subdirectories among NetWare servers
- Transfer between local DOS and NetWare partitions
- Copying long file names
- Copying file system attributes, IRM and owner
- Copying file system rights
- Grouping capabilities, copying the same content to several servers
- Scheduling by groups and by servers
- Priority settings
- Filtering by subdirectories and applications
- Notifying users about applications to be copied
- Only modified files are transferred
- Synchronization for any changes or copying only newer files
- Deleting files/subdirectories on the target server that were erased from the source
- Updating constantly open files
- Stopping applications for the time of the copy
- Bandwidth limitations
- Easy-to-use user interface (Win32) to create the settings
- NetWare 5.1, 6.x, OES compatible
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com